Insurance Offers on TV…too good to be true?
You will have noticed a lot of advertisements on television of late spruiking insurance cover with no health checks or questions asked for really low premiums. Sounds too good to be true doesn’t it? Well, beware!
Based on some information provided by Tower Australia (TAL), here are some things to think about:
- TV insurance policies can be up to 250% more expensive
- TV insurance policies typically have lots of hidden waivers and exclusions
- You might think you have cover when you don’t, because often your risk assessment will be done at the time of the claim and may be declined where you have a pre-existing condition
- Income protection insurance on TV may restrict you to being unable to work in any job, whereas other don’t
- Cover for illnesses can have really complicated definitions and the cover will typically be limited. Premiums can also be a lot more than other covers
- You may be restricted from increasing cover as your life circumstances change
- TV insurance doesn’t provide Total and Permanent Disablement cover but may provide something else with complex definitions and conditions
This list is by no means exhaustive but gives you some things to think about.
Speak to us for a no obligation review of your insurance cover and rest assured that we have your best interests as our top priority.
Anything can happen at any time and you need to be adequately protected when it matters most. Just remember that when you hear insurance deals out there that sound too good to be true, they probably are!